Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals were serious about winning...
(09-10-2018, 02:24 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Really, you saw that at the beginning of the game when the team was lethargic? Lets not forget the Colts are a weak team so barely beating them is not exactly an accomplishment. The OL and LB weaknesses spoken about many times here were exposed yesterday but better teams will rip them apart.

ANY road win is a good win in the NFL. Only 4 teams won on the road yesterday.

Was it a perfect performance? Of course not, but I didn't see a lethargic team at all in the first half. Instead I saw a team trying to do too much. Both first half turnovers were a result of that. Dalton should have thrown the ball at Mixon's feet and taken the incompletion, and AJ getting careless with the ball in fighting for extra yards. I thought both sides of the ball settled down the second half as they outscored the Colts 24-7. The offense scored on their final 3 possessions, and the defense made stops when they needed to.

There are definitely some things that need corrected, but a road win in week 1 is no easy task. Take it for what it is, we could be Pittsburgh or New Orleans today, two (by the odds makers) Super Bowl favorites who failed to win games against inferior teams yesterday.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the Bengals were serious about winning... - Fullrock - 09-10-2018, 03:06 PM