Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good, Bad and Ugly from the game
Good - Secondary stepped up late in the game. Dunno if they switched from zone to man or just got faster and more aggressive somehow but they got it done. We all saw Fej ice the game but he was playing well before that. Also I was impressed with corner Tony McRae who made an excellent tackle on special teams. I was also very happy with how the linebacker corps played. Preston played well before he left with the injury. Vigil had the great game we've all been waiting for him to have! Hardy Nickerson looked good too (kinda sad we'll probably lose him when Burfict comes back). Offensively Mixon really did shine both running and catching passes. Gio struggled which is nothing to worry about -- he'll have good days again but it does show that what Mixon did was not just the line doing all the work (though there were some holes they opened). Dalton chasing down the INT was important- it gave the defense a chance which resulted in a different score than otherwise would've been. And all around he had a strong day with good throws and a 75% completion rate.

This Indy team looks like Wildcard material at least if Luck stays healthy and we fought through adversity and bad officiating to get the win.

Bad - I'm with everyone else wondering what we can do to improve the right side of the line right away. Maybe it will improve with time or maybe we need to have a weekly competition (other than this week where we have another game in 4 days) to see who gets the start.

Ugly - Can we please utilize Tyler Boyd more? It is like we forget he exists for long periods of time. I know we have other stars to get the ball to but Boyd really could be a legit Marvin Jones replacement if we give him the chance. I realize there is only one ball and some players may not have a chance in a close game (Malone, Tra Carson) and that is reasonable but he really is a game changing player. Also, I love AJ Green and what he can do but are there some drills we can have him do to help with the fumbling and the tipped balls? I know Jarvis Landry has a workout routine that incorporates some strange things that focus on grip strength and agility. AJ is elite but that doesn't mean it is impossible for him to get better.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good, Bad and Ugly from the game - BoomerFan - 09-10-2018, 05:23 PM