Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessie Bates - he's gonna play a long time in this league
(09-10-2018, 06:24 PM)sonofstat Wrote: What was people's thoughts on jessie bates yesterday?

What with the veteran (and captain) safety losing his head and getting ejected, his replacement in Fej coming in and taking the highlights with the fumble TD , I've not seen a lot of talk on how he did.

He clearly did not have a spectacular game and both the Colts and Bengals scheme meant it was mainly short drops and passes for Luck but I'm impressed with his demeanor.  No coverage mistakes and a sure tackler.

Bizarrely , was also impressed that in the Fej fumble recovery you could see him waving him down to ground  - that's a pretty composed, situationally aware response from a rookie not getting carried away in the end of game excitement on his debut.

Marv loves these sort of guys and if he carries on in that manner he could be playing Safety for us for a long , long time.

We had 2 rookies starting in week one. Price and Bates. I think last time that happened was Dalton and Green, but could be wrong.

They both (barring injury) could develop into great pro football players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jessie Bates - he's gonna play a long time in this league - Luvnit2 - 09-10-2018, 07:22 PM