Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessie Bates - he's gonna play a long time in this league
(09-10-2018, 07:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We had 2 rookies starting in week one. Price and Bates. I think last time that happened was Dalton and Green, but could be wrong.

They both (barring injury) could develop into great pro football players.

He wasn't tested for covering any deep shots against Indy.  That will change Thursday night.  For whatever reason, the Bengal's defense has always done a pretty good job keeping the ratbirds in check under the old leadership.  We are, if you will, built defensively to beat our division.  

I think this week's game we will see Flaccid try to stretch the field and test us deep (likely away from WJIII) but with Dre and Bates.

I think this can play right in to our hands.  It isn't Iloka back there just waiting to make a tackle after a long gain.  Bates is a ball hawk, and it more of a Reggie Nelson-type center fielder for us.   This is a problem we have had in the past that has been addressed.  I think Bates will make a huge play Thursday night, and I think our pass rush will look a lot different as well (better).  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jessie Bates - he's gonna play a long time in this league - SHRacerX - 09-11-2018, 07:15 AM