Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody else is say this (for real)
(09-10-2018, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Vigil had a great game. Led the team with 12 tackles and was all over the field. Had to play with a couple nobodies at LB with him. PFF said he was credited with 7 stops (whatever that means, but I assume it is good) 5 more than any other Bengal.

I've been as hard on Nick as anyone but he's looked good this PS and looked real good yesterday.

A stop is either a TFL or a play that gets the team off the field; essentially, a 3rd down tackle that makes it 4th and 7 in the team's territory, will force a punt.

The person who made that tackle, is credited with a stop.

(09-11-2018, 04:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hesitate to praise the LBs in a game where the defense allowed 22 catches (on 27 targets, 81.5% completion) for 165 yards/1 TD to the RBs and TEs.

If they also couldn't stop some random guys named Jordan Wilkins and Nyheim Hines in the run game... we'd have to panic. Lol

Wilkins: 14 carries, 40 yards: 2.86 YPC
Hynes: 5 carries, 19 yards: 3.8 YPC

19/59 is 3.1 YPC; we more than stopped random guys in the run game.

(09-11-2018, 08:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are you saying there is a chance a young player improves as they gain experience and add strength? That can't be. I read on here all of the time players are garbage and should be cut. Ones who were called garbage we go on to other teams and play well (Peko & Hunt to name 2), yet still  those posters claim their superiority by ignoring it or trashing current Bengal players for not being able to block them.

On Vigil, he did carry over his strong preseason play Sunday. Our LB group could be very good once we get Brown healthy and Burfict back.

Pistons, before he left (which will do him well, to have been away from here for a while), was ragging on Vigil to death and constantly ripping him to shreds last year, despite a very good first half to the season.

The dline was praising the pick, IIRC when he was selected and they all had massive hype for him.

When do you ever hear multiple people on the dline praise a LB?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nobody else is say this (for real) - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-11-2018, 09:06 AM