Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADVANTAGEOUS BENGAL RECEIVING CORP!
(09-11-2018, 12:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Uhh. Dalton completed 75 percent of his passes, 8.7 ypa and a 109 passer rating, completing passes to 8 different receivers...

How is that not taking advantage of mismatches?

I just don't get fans and their expectations sometimes.

Yeah, 8 different receivers with those stats is pretty damn nice.  When you give him time, he is a pretty good QB.  When he doesn't have time, he has troubles.

(09-11-2018, 03:07 AM)grampahol Wrote: Ehem... I seem to recall several posters (maybe it was the old board..My memory isn't as good as it  used to be)  who proclaimed that they were not going to settle for mediocrety and didn't have to... So..they obviously all became billionaires and bought their own NFL teams .
Actually I think Andy is a whole lot better than he gets credit for and a hell of a lot better than Dak Prescot who was (HAHAHA) rated #12 overall while Andy was rated somewhere around 24. Now whoever made that silly rating obviously was a Cowboys fan, but they don't have to settle for mediocrety either since the Star owner owns them. They suck instead.   Nervous

This.  This is why I have a hard time putting much stock in what "egg spurts" (see what I did there?) have to say a lot of times.  Often, it doesn't jive with what actual former players and ex coaches who weigh in and announce games have to say about any given topic.  Also, Derek Carr hasn't really impressed much since his injury.  I still say Andy is SOLIDLY 11-14 range, with the ability to hit top ten.

(09-11-2018, 03:36 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I agree, after this week it's not really the right time to criticize Dalton.  He's played fantastic for the most part.  That being said, I've been watching him for his entire career and the Colts defense was a 4 win defense last year with Brissett(a luxury backup).  It becomes a weakness when it doesn't work and when elite defenses start playing rope-a-dope with him(like in the playoffs).  I have nothing but good things to say about Dalton the person, I'm glad that he has played so well this year, and I really hope that he shuts up all the haters sooner rather than later.  I said what I said based upon his history.  A history that can be re-written in any given season.

This is a good point.  The last two seasons have been rough, but until then, his arrow was progressively pointing up.  The better the protection, the better he is.  He's historically not been a guy that can carry a team if he doesn't have good protection.

(09-11-2018, 07:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  Well said.  We could have done what a Gruden or maybe even Hue-led Bengal offense would do, which is air it our 50-plus times (like Luck did) and have one more tipped ball turn in to an INT (they didn't, but DAMN was Carlos "the Colt Killer" close) or we could have kept the decent balance of run/pass and moved the ball as they did.  

The only real timed the Colts stopped the Bengals was when they fumbled or had a costly penalty to get off schedule.

The biggest complaint I have with this offense (STILL!!!) is when a play breaks down and Dalton is forced out of the pocket that most of the WRs just freeze.  The steelers (puke) have a designed "scramble play" where they all take off to certain spots and piggy knows where his options are.  

For instance, on the play where Dalton scrabled hard to his left (forcing a throw across his body, should he air it out) Ross just stood there in front of him on the sideline with a player on his back.  He should have spun away and took off deep down the sideline!  If nothing else, he takes a defender with him but it gives Dalton and option for a potentially big play.  Ross (or any of the receivers) might also get held as DBs scramble to stay on them for that extended period of time.  

It is always 3-4 plays during a game that yield the Bengals NOTHING that could be potentially big plays.  

Yep, still pains me to see it.  Although, there was one play on a rollout to his right, where he hit a receiver that got open along the sideline.  I think it was Boyd?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ADVANTAGEOUS BENGAL RECEIVING CORP! - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-11-2018, 11:59 AM