Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-23-2015, 05:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And finally, I was not "out of work".  When the banks crashed, the home building industry and all associated trades suffered greatly.  I did whatever menial crap that I could come up with, in order to scrape by, while I went back to school.  Being "out of work" is a personal choice.  I chose to do things that most people might consider "beneath them", just to make ends meet.  Sure, my debts piled up.  But, I got my degree, and a new career out of the deal.

You could not make close to enough to pay your bills because you burned through all your savings in just two years.

So that proves my point that there are not enough good paying jobs for people that need them. What if that same thing had happened when you were younger and had not built up a savings? What if that happened to someone who did not have the help that you did to return to school. Young people without savings and a family to help them can't just decide to go to school.

I guess you probably did work hard to get back on your feet, but you were lucky and had resources that some other people don't have. Just because you were able to do it does not mean everyone can. Plus I'll bet there were not enough jobs for all the people that you went to school with. Even you did not have the luxury of picking and choosing from a list of employers waitiung to hirev you because there are more jobs than there are people to fill them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - fredtoast - 05-24-2015, 01:40 AM