Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADVANTAGEOUS BENGAL RECEIVING CORP!
(09-11-2018, 07:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  Well said.  We could have done what a Gruden or maybe even Hue-led Bengal offense would do, which is air it our 50-plus times (like Luck did) and have one more tipped ball turn in to an INT (they didn't, but DAMN was Carlos "the Colt Killer" close) or we could have kept the decent balance of run/pass and moved the ball as they did.  

The only real timed the Colts stopped the Bengals was when they fumbled or had a costly penalty to get off schedule.

The biggest complaint I have with this offense (STILL!!!) is when a play breaks down and Dalton is forced out of the pocket that most of the WRs just freeze.  The steelers (puke) have a designed "scramble play" where they all take off to certain spots and piggy knows where his options are.  

For instance, on the play where Dalton scrabled hard to his left (forcing a throw across his body, should he air it out) Ross just stood there in front of him on the sideline with a player on his back.  He should have spun away and took off deep down the sideline!  If nothing else, he takes a defender with him but it gives Dalton and option for a potentially big play.  Ross (or any of the receivers) might also get held as DBs scramble to stay on them for that extended period of time.  

It is always 3-4 plays during a game that yield the Bengals NOTHING that could be potentially big plays.  

You know, this line got me thinking; he really has had beastly games against the Colts:

2010: 2 tackles, 1 sack (big drive killer that Manning was probably going to score on)
2011: 1 tackle, 35 yard fumble TD recovery (for the game-sealing TD)
2013: 4 tackles, 2 of them TFL
2014: 5 tackles, 0.5 sacks
2017: 3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 16 yard interception TD (to put us ahead)
2018: 2 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD 1 sack

So, in 6 regular season games, he has:

17 Tackles
3.5 sacks
4* TFL
X* PDs
Fumble return for a TD
INT return for a TD

I have stars there because I can't find full data.

That's pretty damn good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ADVANTAGEOUS BENGAL RECEIVING CORP! - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-11-2018, 02:42 PM