Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross needs to a huge game Thursday!!
(09-12-2018, 02:22 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Uhhh I don't know about that. Hill is a different species of football player. Nothing against Ross, but Hill might be the most dangerous offensive weapon in football. He has better ball skills, hands, vision, route runner and is honestly probably even faster than Ross.

Don't expect a lot of you to agree with this post, but there is no way they are exactly the same. Not even close at this point.

Not bashing Ross at all, but I agree.

"Field vision" is one of the most valuable skills for a ball carrier, and it is also pretty much impossible to measure in any drill.  When you are down on the field (not looking down from a stadium seat or camera) with 21 other players all running at different speeds and different angles it is not easy to see where the holes and running lanes will appear and how they will change.  Great open field runners have a gift to take in all that information and analyze it instantaneously.  It is like a math genius who can look at a complex formula and immediately know how it all fits together or a musician that can hear a complete symphony just by looking at the sheet music.

Good runners see the holes open.  Great runners see them before they open.

I don't know if Hill's raw athletic skills are superior to Ross, but his field vision is as good or better than any player in the league.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ross needs to a huge game Thursday!! - fredtoast - 09-12-2018, 02:40 PM