Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump now accused of colluding....
(09-12-2018, 09:30 PM)hollodero Wrote: They seem to have been more seldom. Since 1970, the number of hurricanes of category 4/5 has almost doubled.
That's widely contributed to higher water temperatures that increase the likelihood of hurricanes forming and them getting stronger.

I do question humanity's ability to accurately record all hurricanes and the category of them earlier than modern ages. In today's society we have satellites watching most of the planet.

Keep in mind until not that long ago, people thought Rogue Waves were a sailor myth. Then once they were proven to be a fact, they thought they were a rare occurrence. Then once we started getting satellites watching the world from up high, it turned out that they were actually pretty common.

Any information that comes on hurricanes frequency/category that happened before we had full satellite coverage watching our coasts sending information down to us, I will take with a grain of salt.

Not to say that what you said isn't necessarily true, just that I will look upon a vague general claim like that with some skepticism.

Also doesn't help that you're talking a span of 48 years on a planet that was in an Ice Age until 11,500 years ago.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Trump now accused of colluding.... - Vlad - 09-12-2018, 08:07 PM
RE: Trump now accused of colluding.... - TheLeonardLeap - 09-13-2018, 12:01 AM
John Kerry colluding with Iran - Vlad - 09-13-2018, 11:22 AM