Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals offense has some nice weapons
(09-10-2015, 11:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think that passing yards for RBs should just be counted for the run game. That's a big part of the reason why Jamaal Charles and Bell are such good RBs. Plus most of the time RBs don't have as much production with the pass as the#2 receivers.

But some of them do, which was my question of why wouldn't we put them in with receivers at that point? I mean, you were talking about putting guys like Gronk and Graham in with the #1/2 receivers since they have high production, so shouldn't we put the RBs with high production in with the WRs too?

Having an RB that can take a bunch of short passes and turn them into first downs is huuuge for an offense and it's a big part of some team's passing game. I used the example of Forte because he had an absurdly high amount of targets, but in general there are quite a few guys that have the targets of your typical WR2/3 or even some TE1/2s around the league as well.

We know that teams use different scheming than others, so shouldn't that factor in somewhere as well? Kansas City didn't have a receiver catch a TD pass last year (mind boggling stat), so should it really be held against them if their WRs don't stack up against a team that's loaded out wide?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offense has some nice weapons - djs7685 - 09-10-2015, 11:36 AM