Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals offense has some nice weapons
(09-10-2015, 11:36 AM)djs7685 Wrote: But some of them do, which was my question of why wouldn't we put them in with receivers at that point? I mean, you were talking about putting guys like Gronk and Graham in with the #1/2 receivers since they have high production, so shouldn't we put the RBs with high production in with the WRs too?

Having an RB that can take a bunch of short passes and turn them into first downs is huuuge for an offense and it's a big part of some team's passing game. I used the example of Forte because he had an absurdly high amount of targets, but in general there are quite a few guys that have the targets of your typical WR2/3 or even some TE1/2s around the league as well.

We know that teams use different scheming than others, so shouldn't that factor in somewhere as well? Kansas City didn't have a receiver catch a TD pass last year (mind boggling stat), so should it really be held against them if their WRs don't stack up against a team that's loaded out wide?

Well the way I personally see it is that your really not throwing the ball that far past the LoS when throwing to a RB. Most of the time it's behind the LoS and sometimes it's only a few yards past the LoS.

Honestly the Chiefs WRs last year were horrible... They had a poor WR1 and their TE was imo their #1 receiver last year. Dwayne Bowe was more of their #2 receiver, and they really didn't have a #3 receiver. There was a reason why the Chiefs averaged under 200 passing yards a game.

I really don't think anyone was praising the chiefs for their receiving threat last year either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offense has some nice weapons - Brownshoe - 09-10-2015, 11:41 AM