Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals offense has some nice weapons
(09-10-2015, 11:36 AM)djs7685 Wrote: But some of them do, which was my question of why wouldn't we put them in with receivers at that point? I mean, you were talking about putting guys like Gronk and Graham in with the #1/2 receivers since they have high production, so shouldn't we put the RBs with high production in with the WRs too?

Having an RB that can take a bunch of short passes and turn them into first downs is huuuge for an offense and it's a big part of some team's passing game. I used the example of Forte because he had an absurdly high amount of targets, but in general there are quite a few guys that have the targets of your typical WR2/3 or even some TE1/2s around the league as well.

We know that teams use different scheming than others, so shouldn't that factor in somewhere as well? Kansas City didn't have a receiver catch a TD pass last year (mind boggling stat), so should it really be held against them if their WRs don't stack up against a team that's loaded out wide?

As for the scheming differences IMO it all evens out. If someones scheme's different than another teams then it will show in the stats. For example New England is a TE heavy scheme, and it shows it by how much production Gronk has. The only teams that really just scheme around the RB generally have very poor receivers like the Chiefs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offense has some nice weapons - Brownshoe - 09-10-2015, 12:31 PM