Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We definitely tried to put this game away early
(09-14-2018, 11:04 AM)hollodero Wrote: I wouldn't. At least they'd have to try to score with no timeouts left. Which makes a TD so much more unlikely.
I'd even be ok with one pass and two runs. But you can't use up 14 seconds, no timeouts and give the ball back with a 28-7 lead. That is just not smart clock management and I am a) astonished how there's even so much dissent on that one and b) like to emphasize that this is not me just complaining that we lost the ball or me complaing for complaining's sake.

Yea, this to me is simply revisionist history. If they run three times punt it back and give the Ravens a FG, which is easily obtainable with Tucker, people are still losing their mind about being too conservative. End of half management is a no win situation here. Marvin has earned that though, but I still think the call last night was right. 

To everyone saying go into half with the lead (making assumption they couldn't score with a minute and no TO) then come out with the ball and score to end it, you can take the revisionist stance and say we didn't score another TD after Baltimore made half time adjustments so the best time to score was before half time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We definitely tried to put this game away early - Au165 - 09-14-2018, 11:13 AM