Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-24-2015, 02:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As I said, these girls (4 of them I can think of) have not messed with females since they settled down with a man. I don't consider that bisexual. They were straight, they went through a phase where they were "gay", then they decided it wasn't for them. My wife does have 1 friend that I think would be considered bi-sexual, as she has continued messing with girls even while in steady relationships with men. The rest have dropped it completely and haven't been with a female in years.

Just because they don't act on on it doesn't mean the attraction isn't there. The attraction is what defines sexuality, not the acts.

Sexuality is a very complicated thing. Some people are sexually attracted to both genders but only romantically attracted to one, or maybe even none. Some are romantically attracted to one or both genders but not sexually attracted to any. And of course, I am speaking in the gender binary here because getting outside of that would muddy up the waters even further. On top of that, there really is a scale for a lot of people as to how straight or gay they are. Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, it all rests on this scale and has everything to do with to whom they are attracted, not with to whom they have engaged in intercourse. Most people are at least a little bit bisexual but don't act on it because they see it as unacceptable behavior or the attraction is not a strong enough one to cause you to act on it. But the next time you look at another guy and go "that guy is handsome" it is because your mind recognizes the traits that are often deemed to be attractive and it has kicked something off.

Everyone is a little bit gay.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data - Belsnickel - 05-24-2015, 08:28 AM