Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015: Legacy defining season for Bengals?
(09-10-2015, 12:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Excellent find.

One of the statements that stood out to me was: "...before the whole thing is blown to free agent smithereens."

If that's the team's plan, which I'm not sure it is, why didn't we spend our first two picks in the draft on players who will help us this year? Circumstances just beg the question.

The legacies for Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton sure are wrapped up in this year. Laying complete rotten eggs in games this year isn't going to fly, regardless of who gets injured or how good the other teams turn out to be.

Mike Brown's legacy was written more than a decade ago when he nose dived the franchise and kept it at the bottom for 15 years. Bringing it part way back up just ain't good enough. Even a SB isn't good enough. Really, if the guy had any sense of honor for his father, he'd change his last name to Smith and move to Alaska and hide in a cabin where the roads freeze over in the winter.

Believe me, winning a SB would be enough.  Do that and all the rest magically disappears.   Then they can never say they couldn't do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015: Legacy defining season for Bengals? - McC - 09-10-2015, 05:38 PM