Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anybody Else Think Mixon's Injury Was A Dirty Play?
(09-18-2018, 10:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It was tripping, but it was not an attempt to injure him. Let it go.... you are wrong on this one....
My bad on posting the same picture twice, but here they are:

Mixon hasn't hit the hole yet, and his leg is bent, which he'd need it bent to keep leverage with the blocker:

[Image: tripping1.png]

Then Mixon gets to the hole, and HE STICKS HIS LEG OUT TO TRIP HIM, AND THERE'S NO OTHER EXPLANATION!  IT'S A DIRTY PLAY:

[Image: tripping2.png]

(09-18-2018, 10:29 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So when RBs are running through holes the DL are bound to stand in their spot and cant move their lower bodies? If anything I say we got lucky there wasnt a holding call. Good on those refs!
P.S. you posted the same image twice.
Look above, and he couldn't move his whole body because he was being blocked (or held, but it's the same either way).
(09-18-2018, 10:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Brad, he tried to act like he was going after the ball carrier, in an attempt to get a holding call.  It wasn't tripping.
He would have stuck his arms out so the refs could see that he was being held.  Sticking his leg out does nothing to draw attention to a hold.  He was trying to trip him.
(09-18-2018, 10:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: UfyF4xT.jpg]

Ravens player just about hyper-extended his own leg trying to trip Mixon.

Same thing I'm seeing.  Why else would he extend his leg?  Defensive linemen don't do that.  Linemen don't sidestep when engaged because they need their base.

Maybe because I posted the same picture twice is why people couldn't see it, but it's obvious in the two I posted above.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody Else Think Mixon's Injury Was A Dirty Play? - BFritz21 - 09-19-2018, 12:22 AM