Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruce/Caitlin afraid of going to men's jail
(09-10-2015, 07:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Here's my thing with that, and the overall point I was trying to make. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the science concludes that homosexuality is purely a 'choice'. My point to those that oppose equal rights to gays...why does it even matter? 

Why should a girl being with a girl or a guy with a guy...be any different than or matter any more, than a sexy chick being with an ugly old man...a white man being with a black woman, a midget being with a 7 footer, etc, etc. Even if it's just a choice...who cares and what business is it of anyone else. 

For those who harp on the 'choice' thing...guess what? Everyone of us (straight, gay, bi, trans) makes a 'choice' about who we want to be with, have sex with, or marry. Even if your a guy attracted only to women...you are making choices (based on personal preferences) about what kind of woman you like, what shape gets you stiff, what personality you can co-exist with, etc. 

I think this a mistake that the LGBT community has made. It might very well be the case that being straight or gay is genetic...but, it's probably also the case that some just 'prefer' the same sex...even after previously being straight and enjoying that. They shouldn't let the word 'choice' be turned into something taboo. Whether they're 'born gay' or 'chose' to be gay...it shouldn't matter on damn bit when it comes to them having the same exact rights as everyone else.

I get it.  The people who care based upon religion believe it is a sin.  So some believe it is their duty to help "save" that person.  While others believe at the very least they won't condone sin just by accepting others can make their own choices.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bruce/Caitlin afraid of going to men's jail - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-10-2015, 07:34 PM