Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anybody Else Think Mixon's Injury Was A Dirty Play?
(09-19-2018, 02:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If someone grabs a facemask illegally, absolutely it's a dirty play.  If you grab it and pull a player down or swing him around, absolutely it's a dirty play.  If you knowingly grab a player's facemask in an attempt to tackle or move them, absolutely it's a dirty play.

Would anyone like to argue that?

If they are done consciously, absolutely.  However, even those aren't going outside of normal football moves, so bad example.

If it is done consciously, absolutely.  Again though, that's not outside the lines of a normal play.

I'm not reaching at all.

Here's what you're missing: going outside of what is considered a football move to try and bring someone down is a dirty play, especially when it's something like tripping.

They are outside normal football "moves" because they are illegal meaning they are not acceptable football "moves" any time. You are trying to judge intent in terms of degrees, but the league has decided not to do that and banned the actions. When I dive at your QB's legs to make a tackle, or if I trip and fall into your QB's legs it is illegal. What makes it dirty in your world is if it happens to our guy or not. We got called for a leg whip/trip in that same game, so by your definition we are a dirty team out to do dirty things right? 

Bottom line dirty in most cases, which this seems to be one, is based on the opposing teams disdain for the other team. In most cases, like in this one, when your team does it (like happened in this game) the person calling it dirty would choose to ignore it. This is a prime example of why fans often lack the objectivity to talk about the happenings of a game rationally. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody Else Think Mixon's Injury Was A Dirty Play? - Au165 - 09-19-2018, 03:38 PM