Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruce/Caitlin afraid of going to men's jail
(09-10-2015, 07:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A protective reflex evoked by my finger about to gouge your eye out.  A reflex doesn't involve a conscious decision because it doesn't involve the part of the brain where conscious thoughts occur.  If you had to decide to shut your eyes before I jabbed my finger in your eye instead of closing them due to a reflex you would be blind after conducting that experiment two times.  A reflex tract doesn't involve the decision making part of the brain.

Once again you try to bring conscious thought into the matter when I keep telling you it happens outside of your consciousness

Quote:In physiology, sensory transduction is the conversion of a sensory stimulus from one form to another.

Transduction in the nervous system typically refers to stimulus alerting events wherein a physical stimulus is converted into an action potential, which is transmitted along axons towards the central nervous system where it is integrated.
A receptor cell converts the energy in a stimulus into a change in the electrical potential across its membrane. It causes the depolarization of the membrane to allow the action potential to be transduced to the brain for integration.

oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:No. How do you make decisions totally unaware of the decision making process?

Through the sub or unconsciousness. You and Sigmund Freud definitely disagree on this matter

Quote:"When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons. In vital matters however ... the decision should come from the unconscious, from somewhere within ourselves."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bruce/Caitlin afraid of going to men's jail - bfine32 - 09-10-2015, 07:42 PM