Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cleveland Officer Not Guilty In Fatal Shooting Of Unarmed Suspects
(05-24-2015, 12:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They also rammed police cruisers twice and we're apparently attempting to do so again when the shooting started.  As far as the number of rounds expended, and I've mentioned this before, anyone in the military can tell you that once one person starts firing the whole platoon starts firing even if they have no idea what they're shooting at.  It looks bad, I'm aware of this, but it's not really as egregious as it appears.  All those rounds were probably fired in under ten seconds, probably less.

I think the defense's argument, which succeeded, is that the suspects were already dead when he jumped on the hood and fired the last fifteen rounds.  You can't kill a corpse and the prosecution couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this wasn't the case.  To me it appears this guy was trying to play the hero for his buddies.  IMO he wanted that to be a story that got told for the rest of his career.  Moronic and stupid and wanna be bad ass.

I'm not disputing the total rounds fired or the "pack mentality" that may cause it.

But the "officer" stood on the hood and fired 15 rounds into the windshield. If he felt the people in the car were THAT much of a threat he sure put himself in a vulnerable position just to finish them off.

And lets face it he was attempting to kill them at that point...not bring them in or protect himself and his fellow officers.

None of that makes what the two people in the car did right...but it seems like this officer has poor decision making skills.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cleveland Officer Not Guilty In Fatal Shooting Of Unarmed Suspects - GMDino - 05-24-2015, 01:27 PM