Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our 2018 Defense _________ you fill it in.
Our 2018 Defense has a lot of potential, but little production thus far

I don't expect the D to play greatly until the latter half of the year. You essentially changed the defensive system after a decade of it being similar terminology/coaching style. You also have a lot of young players in key positions (Bates at safety being the big one)

I think there is a lack of trust with the players thus far, so the coach is tentative to call the game as aggressively as he might normally. This leads to a lot of soft coverage and 5-15 yard gains against us. We haven't given up the long throws, and if someone bust a big one its because someone is out of positions (usually those young LBs).

I think we are seeing the effect of not having a vocal leader (Reggie Nelson, Vontaze... even tho i hate to say it, Pacman) out there directing the younger guys. If Austin is up in the box calling plays, we need a Vontaze out there to get everyone in the right places. Thinking his return will be huge for this years defense, moreso than a normal year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our 2018 Defense _________ you fill it in. - GreenCornBengal - 09-24-2018, 03:54 PM