Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we get rid of the wrong penalty machine?
(09-25-2018, 09:57 AM)jungle93 Wrote: There certainly does seem to be ref bias against players and teams.  In the Steelers v Bucs game last night, for example, there was a late hit, helmet-to-helmet on Fitzpatrick very similar to the one where Williams was ejected.  There was a flag, but not even a peep about an ejection.  Maybe Kirkpatrick isn't as important as Luck to the league?  These types of calls seem way too arbitrary...  

I agree and saw the same thing. Only thing I can guess is at least in the Steelers players case Fitzpatrick wasnt already tackled by another player. He most definitely lowered his helmet into Fitzpatrick though. I blame the media and announcers just as much for their not being more talk about it.

In defense of the refs outside of that play, they were definitely not afraid to throw the flag on the Steelers and haven't been all year so I dont think people can really use that excuse. 

Also, the Bucs got away with this and it's the greatest thing I've ever seen. https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1044428796525506560/photo/1
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did we get rid of the wrong penalty machine? - Sweetness - 09-25-2018, 10:03 AM