Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bill Cosby going to prison!3
(09-25-2018, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why do you think that way?  I think it actually sets a strong precedent that no matter how long you avoid justice, it will be served.  In his case, you have a guy who professionally, should be receiving lifetime achievement awards and celebrating his golden years.  Instead, he's now shamed, defamed, and going to pay in prison for the wrongs he's done.  One fact that you can be sure of?  He'll take it to the grave that he didn't get away with it.

Simple,
If a regular joe blow did something like that, the girl would likely never come forward. However, if that Joe Blow becomes famous or a politician of the opposite party, then they are willing to come forward for a sum.
Libel doesn't matter at that point, the damage is done.
Now what I would like to see, is if someone comes forward and tells someone else. Then it turns out to be a lie, I would like to be able to sue the person that lied, the person that made it public and any news organization that slanders the person by calling them a rapist etc.

For Example this guy:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/avenatti-calls-kavanaugh-a-rapist-kavanaugh-says-hes-a-virgin-media-pounces

There is zero evidence and he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, but yet this guy and many others are allowed to actually call him a "Rapist" with out any convictions, only a story that is 30+ years old, it's down right stupid and very biased reporting.
And yes it goes for Fox News when they do the same.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Cosby going to prison!3 - GMDino - 09-25-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: Bill Cosby going to prison!3 - Mike M (the other one) - 09-25-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: Bill Cosby going to prison!3 - Benton - 09-25-2018, 11:35 PM
RE: Bill Cosby going to prison!3 - GMDino - 09-28-2018, 04:21 PM