no
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm tired of freaking waiting...
(09-28-2018, 12:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Will Dalton EVER have a 400 yard passing game?? Every quarterback to ever suit up in the NFL over the last few years has a 400 yard passing game. Ryan freaking Fitzmagic has three in a row this year. That fat turd in spittsburgh has a couple 500 yards passing games. I haven't looked, but i bet Blaine 'i'm afraid of my own shadow' Gabbert has one!!!!

So the question is simple. In his EIGHTH FREAKING YEAR ALREADY, will Dalton EVER have a 400 yard passing game? 

I'm not drunk. Goff's game tonight triggered me. 

I have an answer for you, but let me walk you through my thinking before I give it to you.

1. Dalton is not an elite QB. He is better than many, but for the bulk of his career he's been right about average or just a little better, making him good enough to keep but not good enough to take the team to the promised land.

2. It is a team game and with the right team around him Dalton can put up some good numbers. The sad part is that Mike Brown doesn't believe in top flight linemen. He prefers them on the cheap or at the very least a bargain for their talents. Andrew Whitworth has a shot at a SB win this year and when all is said and done his number could land him the hall. But Mike Brown will always be remembered as the guy who wouldn't pay him. If Dalton had a great line he'd be putting up 350 a game and be bang on that 400 yards a few times a year.

3. The team cannot hang on to two star WRs at the same time. It's the AJ Green show in Cinci and everyone else is going to have to take seconds come contract time. So either the team catches a rising star in his first contract or they don't. Boyd will be gone after next year because the team will re-sign Green. Ross will go the way on Margus Hunt or Ogbuehi and be 4 years and gone. We'll be looking for new WR talent.

So, what does all that mean? It means Dalton can throw a 400 yard game. It also means that if he does don't expect to see more than a couple in his career.

All bets are off though if Mike Brown up and dies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm tired of freaking waiting... - CJD - 09-28-2018, 11:44 AM
RE: I'm tired of freaking waiting... - BengalChris - 09-28-2018, 09:34 PM