Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good?
(09-28-2018, 08:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You’re right in that as long as the offense is producing, the Bengals don’t NEED Ross to be good. However, it’s my belief that a WR taken 9 overall was not meant to be the 4th/5th option in the passing game. Speedy guys can be found late in the draft to accomplish the same as the usage right now. The Bengals could (and should) have used that pick on another position to better impact the team if they didn’t actually intend to get a lot of production out of Ross (at least by a Year 3/4).

I think though that most people (including myself) expect/prefer first round picks (especially top 10) to be solid immediate contributors, but not all are. Some develop 3-4 years in. And yes, I am one who had (still has) high hopes for Ross and thought he’d be an immediate contributor, but not only was he injured most of last year and the offseason prior, he was trying to learn a Zampese offense then a year later had to learn a Lazor offense.

Hopefully Ross comes on by the end of the year, and if not, hopefully we see him break out at the start of Year 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(09-28-2018, 01:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Remember too that Chad was said to have a struggle learning the playbook (at least in NE).

Speaking of Chad, in his first 12 games, he had only 329 yards and 1 TD. In Housh’s first 12 games, he had 228 yards and 0 TDs. They went on to have some pretty amazing years in stripes.
John Ross has only played 6 games, so I think people need to pump the breaks. Give him the rest of the year to see how he comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(09-28-2018, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think Ross has developed the Pro football mentality yet, that is all.

He has a football body just as much as Tyreek Hill does. Ross is a buff dude.

Don't understand anyone saying Ross doesn't even resemble a football player at this point. Not true IMO.

I agree with everything you said after that for sure 3wt. But sometimes players need to develop that Pro football mentality.

Took awhile for Chad and Housh as Ocho shown in the direct quote above yours.

Agreed without pretty much all of this; I would also add dude has a TD and a key third down conversion that lead to another TD this season. For some reason that gets under looked

People need to relax it's only been 6 games for him and it's not like he is getting a ton of looks either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good? - J24 - 09-29-2018, 02:34 AM