Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wallace to Cheney: Iran's Centrifuges 'Went From 0 To 5,000' While You Were VP
(09-11-2015, 03:51 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I believe that governments receive their power from the people and not the other way around, for starters.

I also believe that countries get their power from the people.  That is why I always say that the labor in other countries will eventually organize either through unions of political parties to demand higher wages for all.  Some people claim that the United States has to go back to paying third world wages in order to compete when in fact the rest of the world will slowly rise up to meet our wage scale.  

(09-11-2015, 03:51 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Second, there is a large difference of a unified coalition like the UN telling nations that have questionable pasts and ties to terrorism what weapons they may build and the US on it's own telling another nation that they have to allow women to vote. 

Yet, I'll bet you would say that the UN does not have the authority to punish countries if they violated the trade sanctions with Iran.

That is what made this deal tough.  We only got it because we got other countries like Russia and China on our side.  They were not going to agree to keep sanctions in place indefinitely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wallace to Cheney: Iran's Centrifuges 'Went From 0 To 5,000' While You Were VP - fredtoast - 09-11-2015, 04:07 PM