Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would the United States government attack its own citizens?
(09-11-2015, 04:28 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: That said, I don't trust the government at all.  How evil they are is largely a matter of opinion.  What evil they might be capable of in the future is anyone's guess.  I don't trust big government at all as you know, and a lot of that is because of what big governments in the history of the world have done to their own people. 

I don't go as far as you, but I can't really trust the people who have brought us such things as the House Un-American Activities Committee, the "Gulf of Tonkin Incident",  the Iran/Contra dealings, and Iraqi "Weapons of Mass Destruction".

So I don't trust them very much either.  But I still don't see what motive they could come up with to try and imprison a large portion of the population for no reason.  The business worlds also wants all those people out there working to make stuff and earning money to buy more stuff.  That is how more value is created.  There is no profit motive to spend the money to capture and imprison such a large portion of the population.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why would the United States government attack its own citizens? - fredtoast - 09-11-2015, 04:57 PM