Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would the United States government attack its own citizens?
I'll preface this by saying I don't own stores of weapons or MREs. I don't think the government is coming for me.

But I do understand some of where "those people" come from. I grew up (and still live) near Land Between the Lakes. The short of it, back in the 1960s the Tennessee Valley Authority wanted to experiment with making a recreation area. They got friends in the federal government to seize more than 100,000 acres of land and kick the residents off. Many were removed forcibly. They played around with the land they took over, but really never got things lined out and eventually just turned the land over to the forest service. Recently, the USFS decided it was going to just raze the area, but told the public it wasn't. It's been a big area of contention for the people who lived there or who use the public property.

Those people don't trust government intervention, much like Native Americans don't. Much like those who had relatives interred during our concentration camps during WWII. Much like the growing population of people imprisoned by a broken justice system.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why would the United States government attack its own citizens? - Benton - 09-11-2015, 09:06 PM