Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Atlanta
(10-01-2018, 07:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You missed the obvious one for the ugly...

Also, the Oline didn’t keep Dalton entirely clean. Both tackles struggled at times, and
McKinley had 3 sacks.

Redmond also takes a penalty every single game.

O-line was up and down. Pretty ugly for parts of the 2nd half, but overall not too shabby. Certainly miles ahead of what we've seen the last couple years.

(10-01-2018, 08:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My ugly would be the entire defense:

We're 29th in total defense - TWENTY-NINTH 419 yards per game

We're the worst defense in the NFL in giving up 3rd downs at a rate of 57% - LAST PLACE We've got to quit playing 8 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 6

We're 28th in pass defense giving up 303 yards per game

Before the season, W. Jackson is the next shut down corner, 1st round draft picks Dre and Dennard. Ball hawking S Bates. Awesome D line. And it wasn't just us saying it.

We're 23rd in points allowed giving up 28+ a game.

It's official now our defense is broken.

I said in the gameday thread that we look like the 2005 Bengals. SB quality offense, but the defense isn't reliable.

Tbh, this defense is making the 2005 unit look like the 85 Bears. With the personnel we have, that's inexcusable.

(10-01-2018, 10:42 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: can i just say Ross looked a lot more focused today, i know i'm only supposed to say bad things about him on the board, but if we can see a steady improvement over the course of this year i'll be happy. Yesterday he made a couple of really nice plays, and after last week's performance he definitely showed some grit.

I was encouraged by what I saw out of Ross. 2 catches, but both were great. He just has to keep building himself up.

The talent is obvious.

(10-01-2018, 11:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: I told my friend, "there's our new Housh".   He said we've been missing that.  Couldn't agree more.

I've been saving my Housh comparison. I'll go ahead and use it now. Boyd looks like the real deal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Atlanta - Shake n Blake - 10-01-2018, 01:16 PM