Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Atlanta
(10-01-2018, 11:52 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The defense has got to be fixed for success down the road.

The number of times on third and long nobody was covering Julio Jones was disturbing.

Either WJIII has taken 5 steps backwards or Austin's schemes need tweaked.

Marvin is great defensive coach so hopefully he corrects this somehow.

Hard to tell, but I feel it's the scheme.  And it seems that it needs to be more than tweaked.  All day DBs not knowing who should tackle the ball carrier, who is covering and how to work in tandem with other players.  They flat out look like they have no idea what's going on.

Doesn't help that WJIII was crowned the 2nd coming of Deion Sanders before the start of the season.

All the DBs are slow in and out of their cuts and are being smoked.  Dennard and McCrae looked the best of the group.

My gut is that it's a scheme thing that really should have been solved by now.   Hopefully they figure it out, but that was the most disturbing part of the defense.

And, as always, I object to the DBs and LBs giving way too much cushion.   There's no way the opponent isn't going march right down the field.  With teams like Atlanta and New Orleans that will result in a score almost every time.   It just demoralized and fatigues the defense.

Not a fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Atlanta - 3wt - 10-01-2018, 01:47 PM