Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
(10-02-2018, 11:41 AM)thillan Wrote: Just wanted to start a discussion about this, and wanted to start off with this:

I LIKE John Ross. His speed is incredible, and he honestly is already one of my favorite Bengals. It's fun to have electric players like him.

I LIKE Andy Dalton. I have never thought of him as a top 5 QB, but I do think he's underrated.. but I don't think he's a world beater either.

I am of the mindset that getting a star QB allows your team to have a MUCH larger SB window. Teams like GB, NE, PHI, NO, etc. always have a chance to at least contend, because the QB is so special.

Now of course, you need to have SOME talent around them. Otherwise you end up with a situation like Seattle. If they just had a decent line, things improve a lot for them.

Which leads me to this: we have a talented team, but many of us worry we have a ceiling that does not call for the SB. I understand, and I also understand "Any Given Sunday." BUT.. we picked a WR with some questions.. and missed out on Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.

I really think we missed. And both of these guys are in our conference. I get that we aren't in a bad QB situation by any means, but I do think you can change from good to great. And I think we missed our chance.

What are your guys thoughts on this? I really think that having either Watson or Mahomes on our squad, with the talent we have, opens up a bigger window for us. And the future would be REALLY bright.

PS: I know some will say Watson isn't playing that great.. I'd argue against it. His O-line is atrocious, and he's still showing playmaking ability to keep these guys in games. Overall, I think he has much more potential than Andy has ever had, but again, Andy is not a bad QB by any means.

PPS: It's officlal. Mahomes has the second or third strongest arm I have ever seen. And that's a HUGE weapon, every single game.

LOL..typical Monday morning QB

Rodgers - 22 or 23 teams missed
Brady - Pick #199 so 31 teams missed arguably the best QB ever
Ben R. - 9 teams missed
Wilson - 31 teams missed multiple times
Favre - 31 teams including the Packers missed multiple times

These are just a few of the misses by a lot of NFL teams

Easy after the fact to say the missed, but the Brady Quinns, Ryan Leafs, Akili Smiths, Jack Thompson's and many more prove easier said than done drafting the right QB or any position really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - Luvnit2 - 10-02-2018, 12:33 PM