Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
IDK.. I've always thought Andy was better than Alex Smith and still do. Of course he's going to have games that don't look as good as others, but he'll never play in a game of 11 on 1 with nobody else on the field with him and neither will Maholms.. 
It's just silly and unrealistic to think any QB will win consistently with only 5th string receivers and terrible offensive lines and weak running backs.. 
Look at us last year . How many of the so called elite QBs could have won 7 or more games with our Oline and Zampeze as the OC getting fired 2 games in? I dare say not many if any except Andy.
You really have to wonder just how much Zampeze regretted being the guy who picked Bill Lazor as his successor as the QBs coach only to have him take over his new role as the OC? 
ANYWAYS.....
Back to the question at hand.  Andy is a very good QB despite the folks who think he isn't.  So you're suggesting that they should have gambled on catching lighting in a tiny little perfume bottle on a perfectly sunny afternoon .
People forget just how much Andy has accomplished since his first season.. 5 consecutive post season appearences and did it under duress BIG TIME that first season when NOBODY was expecting us to win more than 4 games.. Replacing Andy in the off season would have been worse than mere gambling . It would have been the equivalent of selling off everything you ever owned, pimping out your 3 year old daughter and hitch hiking to China during a typhoon to buy a pick 3 lottery ticket expecting to win the biggest power ball payout in history.. 

But geewiz.. it sure is fun to play What if when you're gambling with other people's money .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - grampahol - 10-02-2018, 01:44 PM