Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
Ok let's not get too excited about rookie QBs.  Remember when Dak Prescott was seen as the second coming?

Rookies notoriously do great or awful.  Reality is somewhere in between.

About Watson:
I'm from Houston, and watch the Texans and listen to the local sports guys who have forgotten more about football than I know, and while they like Watson in the long run, they are tapping the breaks for the following reasons:
#1 - Teams adjust - It's a fact that once you get tape on a rookie QB then teams learn their tendencies and adjust their schemes accordingly.  Watson only has 10 NFL starts, so teams don't even have a full season of tape yet, and they're already adjusting to him.
#2 - He's a TO machine.  Sure he puts up big fantasy numbers, but he turns the ball over like mad, and through his own mistakes and poor decisions.
#3 - He doesn't go through progressions, and focus' in on one receiver telegraphing his throws.  Most of his picks are from throwing into double and triple coverage of DeAndre Hopkins.
#4 - He holds on to the ball too long.  Half of his sacks can be attributed to this and not just his OLine.

Note:  3 & 4 above were also tendencies from college that have not been adjusted.

About Mahomes:
Give teams time to adjust.  He looks good now, but I doubt he will continue at this pace.  And if he does, which I doubt, then every team missed, not just us.  Finally, 1st round QBs still bust at a 50% rate, so you can't blame teams for passing on both these guys, who both had serious concerns about them coming out of college.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - Stewy - 10-02-2018, 02:48 PM