Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extensions for Iloka, Zeitler, and Dre Updates!
(09-11-2015, 05:32 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: So Just read an awesome article on the Cincy Enq website.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/09/11/cincinnati-bengals-safety-george-iloka-kevin-zeitler-no-extension/72039366/

Its written that the Bengals tried to reach a deal with Zeitler and Iloka. They couldn't come to a deal. They plan to try again after the season is over.

The interesting note was that Dre K. Told the Bengals earlier this summer when they exercised the 5th year option that he would wait until after the season was over to talk Contracts.

It looks like the Front Office was trying hard to get the other two done. Zeitler and Iloka.

I fear Iloka is going to be to expensive after this year.

Now that AJ is signed. I honestly think they Franchise Tag Iloka.
With the Franchise tag for safety being 9 mil and the transition tag being 8 mil. I think they give Iloka the Transition tag. Make another team give him an offer. If we don't match we get at least one first round pick

They give the Franchise tag to Zeitler.

Tag#s for 2015
Via Albert Breer of the NFL Network, the projections for the franchise tags are in:

Quarterbacks: $18.544 million
Running backs: $10.951 million
Wide receivers: $12.823 million
Tight ends: $8.347 million
Offensive linemen: $12.943 million
Defensive tackles: $11.193 million
Defensive ends: $14.813 million
Linebackers: $13.195 million
Cornerbacks: $13.075 million
Kickers/punters: $4.126 million.

Safeties: $9.618 million

1st round tender tag is these

Quarterbacks: $16.155 million
Running backs: $9.037 million
Wide receivers: $10.971 million
Tight ends: $7.071 million
Offensive linemen: $11.096 million
Defensive tackles: $9.314 million
Defensive ends: $11.958 million
Linebackers: $11.058 million
Cornerbacks: $11.082 million
Kickers/punters: $3.716 million.

Safeties: $8.263 million

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/09/11/cincinnati-bengals-safety-george-iloka-kevin-zeitler-no-extension/72039366/

Good thread and good info.

As others, I am surprised OL is not broken down by position as Tackles are paid much higher than guards.

I am also shocked running back is so high as these numbers come from the top 5 paid at the position. I think Peterson just revised his contract downward so RB may end up lower in 2016 (not that it matters to us yet).

As for Zeitler, I agree we won't pay top 5 OT money (that is what it is) to a guard, but we do have under contract in 2016 already so he is not a priority. I was very surprised we grabbed to OL at 1 and 2 in the draft this year. Maybe, the plan all along was to still make signing Smith a priority and Fisher was drafted to take Zeitler's spot if we can't lock him up long term.

This I know, as we look at the contract situation and guys under contract on the OL, the Bengals FO gave themselves many options by drafting two stud OL this year. It is another example of the Bengals FO looking short term (Fisher to help us in 2015) and 2 OT/OL to help us long term. I don't see Whittworth leaving either so both of them could end up backup OT's and starting or backup guards in the next few years which is a great problem to have in my opinion. You win in the trenches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extensions for Iloka, Zeitler, and Dre Updates! - Luvnit2 - 09-12-2015, 09:05 AM