Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
(10-03-2018, 01:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Andy is continuously underrated, even by Bengals fans. Mahomes looks the part. It’s hard to argue against a guy setting records like this, but I’m going to wait and see how he finishes. He isn’t going to keep this up, that I am certain of. It was the same thing with Watson.

As far as Watson goes, Andy is currently better than him and it isn’t like Andy is declining. As a matter of fact, Andy has only been improving in the last three years. Andy excels at pre-snap/post-snap reads. He is great at identifying blitz packages and audibling to beat them (Andy currently has the highest passer rating in the league when he is blitzed.) He also has solid physical tools to work with. He can make any throw you need of him, he can extend a play and throw well on the run.

This isn’t to say that Watson WON’T be good, but Andy has undoubtedly been improving every aspect of his game for the past few years and is currently playing at a top 10 level in his 8th season. Watson is playing fairly average/slightly below average in his second season, coming off of a major knee injury.

Great post, and it highlights my 2 favorite things about Andy:

1. Dude doesn't get injured. Very durable, and makes smart plays to avoid harm as much as possible. 

2. He looks like he has the chance to be one of these QBs who can play well into the late 30s. He has the accuracy and above average arm strength. As long as he stays healthy (which he has shown he excels at), he can keep this level of play up for a long time. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - thillan - 10-03-2018, 11:39 AM