Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
(10-03-2018, 11:46 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If we're looking at past drafts and talking about replacements, I wouldn't mind having Carson Wentz. I know he's playing rough this year, but that's because of the knee injury. Though players get back on the field faster than ever, they're not as good their first year back. Year 2 after the injury is when they seem to have their feet back under them and back to themselves. That bring me to DeShaun Watson. I believe he will be good again. He also injured his knee last season and I believe he will get better as the soon goes on. It's only been 11 months since his injury. I think he will be closer to his rookie season next year than this year.

Patrick Mahomes is blowing my mind right now. The level he is playing at is unreal. He's 5 starts into his career though. Again, the kid is playing lights out. I am not trying to take anything away from how special he is playing. It's 5 starts though.

I see no need to replace Dalton now or even for the next couple of seasons. He's signed through 2020 and I honestly wouldn't mind if the team extended him before then. If they are planning on replacing him, I would probably look to draft a QB in the 2020 draft and let him sit for a season and learn. Dalton is on an extremely team friendly deal and producing at a high rate. I'd rather roll with that knowing he gives us a good chance at winning than to move on from him and roll the dice, at least for the next couple of seasons.

Watson is actually playing pretty well, it's just the exact same defense as we had for Dalton last few years when we said "he's playing as well as he can behind this line." Watson is on pace to be sacked 68 times this year. But we won't defend him the same, because he isn't the Bengals QB.

In my mind, Watson is still playing pretty well with what he's got.

(10-03-2018, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually Buffalo blew it. They needed a QB and traded the pick to KC and they took Mahomes.

Agreed, though I think they made a good pick in Josh Allen. But that man is at risk of being ruined by that awful team. He made a terrible decision on one throw last week, but he is another guy with freak ability and an absolute rocket on his arm. Buffalo better surround him with talent before they ruin his growth.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - thillan - 10-04-2018, 10:50 AM