Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio, Ross & Lawson out for Miami
(10-04-2018, 09:59 PM)Roland Wrote: I give Ross credit for doing his job on Sunday.  Two targets, two catches including a touchdown.  That's progress.

But I don't buy that he's affecting defenses at this point.  Nobody is adjusting coverage for Ross at this stage.  He played fewer snaps than Erickson on Sunday.  

Not saying that Ross doesn't have the potential to be a disrupter, but right now a decent game from Erikson, Malone, or Core could easily replace his output.

It's a much bigger deal that Eifert is out.   Kroft and Uzomah will need to step up.

I wouldn't say I strongly disagree with ya, but the threat of Ross deep trumps anything Erickson, Malone or Core could bring to the table. If Ross runs a fly route or a deep post, safeties have to respect that, because he can beat guys. 

The numbers thus far aren't great, but I feel good having a WR3 with Ross' potential. Both for the home-run play and his growth as a player. Physically, the guy is special, and no other WR (sans Green) can say that...as much as some wish otherwise. Now if he can just get his head on straight, we could potentially have the best WR trio in team history.

Ross has that ability to be an x-factor type of player. The type of guy that Chris Henry almost looked like for a minute.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gio, Ross & Lawson out for Miami - Shake n Blake - 10-04-2018, 10:54 PM