Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio, Ross & Lawson out for Miami
(10-05-2018, 05:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IMO TDs are a poor metric for performance. 

(10-05-2018, 05:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Player A can have 300 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving, and 0 TDs during a game. 

Player B can have 20 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving and 3 TDs during a game. 

Who, in your opinion, had the better game? 

What if player A had a 95 yard rush that went all the way down to the five yard line, got tired and had to be spelled, while his backup came in and rushed for 5 yards and picked up the TD? Who had the better series and who was more productive to get the actual touchdown? I would say player A. 

In fantasy football, touchdowns are important. In real life, I would rather have the guy that's racking up yards and has a high YPC or YPR. The touchdowns will come, its who made up the majority of the yards to get that touchdown is what im interested in. 

(10-05-2018, 05:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont think TDs are unimportant, I would just look at other metrics when evaluating players, thats all. 

Your last post I can agree with. I do put some weight on TDs though. I mean, look at how we viewed Tyler Eifert. His best year he only had 615 yards. It was the 13 TDs in 13 games that had everyone excited. Red zone ability counts for something, and we've had struggles with that in the past (particularly the 2016 season). 

Even if you don't look at TD's, Kroft had decent numbers last year (42 catches and 404 yards). People may look at those numbers and shrug, but Uzomah has 43 catches for 404 yards (3 TDs) in his entire 4 year career, including this season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gio, Ross & Lawson out for Miami - Shake n Blake - 10-05-2018, 07:32 PM