Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-24-2015, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I congratulate you on your success.  But none of that proves that there are enough well paying jobs for everyone to have one.

BTW why are you so proud of your son going into unskilled labor when it was a total failure for you.  shouldn't you be encouraging him to get some sort of training or higher education.

You must have missed the post where I said he wants to go back to school for Law Enforcement, just not right now. And, I was a skilled tradesman. I actually hired unskilled guys, and taught them a skill.

As for there not being enough well paying jobs, we are going to have to disagree on that one. If there weren't more jobs than Americans could perform, then why are people breaking the law, in order to come here and work them? Why are our corporations and universities recruiting in Asia for Engineering and Medical students and professionals?

However, all of these tangents and rabbit holes that you have led me down still have done nothing to convince me that people cannot climb the socioeconomic ladder, and that the cry for minimum wage to be raised is justified.

I stand by my original statement; If you want to make more money, make yourself more attractive to the employment market. In other words, don't just cry about your situation and expect it to change, get off your ass and make the change happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - SunsetBengal - 05-24-2015, 07:26 PM