Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steelers Never Take Us Seriously, Let's Hope Next Week Is Different
Something happened at half time today. Not sure if it was the coaches putting feet in people's asses, or if the team held meetings among the respective units. Whatever it was that transpired, it worked.

At one point in the 1st half, Mixon had exactly 19 yds. on 10 carries. He finished the game with 93 on 22 carries. That is a night and day difference. Did Joe somehow come out a different man in the 2nd half, or did something else happen? I'm putting my money on "something else", as from what I witnessed, the OL was opening some good holes in the 2nd half.

Same goes with the DL. In the 1st half, Geno and Carlos were shut out on the stat sheet. They came out in the 2nd half, quickly slowed the Miami momentum, holding them to a FG, and not allowing another point to be scored. Not only did they shut Miami's offense down, they took the damn ball and scored it...TWICE! It was good to see the much maligned MJ get a moment in the spotlight, just like it was nice to see rookie Sam Hubbard step up and assume his role, as the next great Bengal defensive lineman.

Like I said originally, something happened at half time today. We've been bitching for years about lack of half time adjustments under Marvin Lewis. I like what I saw in those adjustments, today.

If the team can continue to play top competition, and not get rattled if they get behind, implement the adjustments and roll on? They should be able to keep up with the Steelers next week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers Never Take Us Seriously, Let's Hope Next Week Is Different - SunsetBengal - 10-07-2018, 09:32 PM