Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steelers Never Take Us Seriously, Let's Hope Next Week Is Different
(10-07-2018, 07:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think Ross was missed a lot today. The drop off in Boyd’s numbers were a direct result, imo.

I had the same thought. The Dolphins didn't come in here at 3-1 for no reason. They're a pretty good football team. If they had more weapons on offense, they'd be hard to beat. Look for them to be drafting a WR or 2 and a TE in 2019.

(10-07-2018, 09:16 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: A win over them will pretty much destroy their post season chances.  If you want to send a message that this year is different then that is the time to do it.  With that in mind, we can expect the Steelers to throw everything they have at us.  They are in desperation mode and almost every game is a must win.

What I like about this team, is that even though we have a 4-1 record, we know how important a win over the Steelers is.  Even if we are undefeated and they are winless, our recent history will not allow this team to take the Steelers lightly.

As young as we are, this team has a winner's mindset. You hear Hubbard and Carlos talk about it in their postgame interviews. I would love nothing more than to knock the Steelers out of the post-season, but they're still the Steelers and they'll be ready to bring it. We have to be ready to bring more, every single play no matter what the score is.  

(10-07-2018, 09:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Something happened at half time today.  Not sure if it was the coaches putting feet in people's asses, or if the team held meetings among the respective units.  Whatever it was that transpired, it worked.

At one point in the 1st half, Mixon had exactly 19 yds. on 10 carries.  He finished the game with 93 on 22 carries.  That is a night and day difference.  Did Joe somehow come out a different man in the 2nd half, or did something else happen?  I'm putting my money on "something else", as from what I witnessed, the OL was opening some good holes in the 2nd half.

Same goes with the DL.  In the 1st half, Geno and Carlos were shut out on the stat sheet.  They came out in the 2nd half, quickly slowed the Miami momentum, holding them to a FG, and not allowing another point to be scored.  Not only did they shut Miami's offense down, they took the damn ball and scored it...TWICE!  It was good to see the much maligned MJ get a moment in the spotlight, just like it was nice to see rookie Sam Hubbard step up and assume his role, as the next great Bengal defensive lineman.

Like I said originally, something happened at half time today.  We've been bitching for years about lack of half time adjustments under Marvin Lewis.  I like what I saw in those adjustments, today.

If the team can continue to play top competition, and not get rattled if they get behind, implement the adjustments and roll on?  They should be able to keep up with the Steelers next week.

I think Andy really is the leader of this offense this year, more than he's ever been. Lazor knew that the Dolphins were winning the chess match and the LOS. He did make some adjustments at half time, but give credit to Andy and the O to just go out there and keep executing. I don't think New England beats them in Miami. The Phins could easily make the playoffs this year. If their starting RT wasn't out today, it could have been a different feeling in Bengaltown tonight. They took it to us anyway. 

On D, we just stepped up and stopped them. Good job by Austin to fix the gaps. They gashed us on the ground in the first half. It was embarrassing. They got some yards on the ground in the second half, but not nearly as many I thought. 

And props to Nick Vigil for diving to tip that ball away on a big third down. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers Never Take Us Seriously, Let's Hope Next Week Is Different - BURROWorBUST - 10-07-2018, 11:03 PM