Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are the "perfect storm" for heated debate.
(09-12-2015, 11:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We've essentially been at the hump since 2005 with a slight recess 2007-2010...but even then, the team was never that bad just QB-less

I truly believe 2005 was our year. And it would have changed everything about this franchise. 

I don't think this team has been QB-less since Marvin's 2nd year.  A HC with QBs of Palmer and Dalton's caliber should have won something by now.  2005 was a tragedy and 2008 we were QB-less but if you give a HC two decent QBs for his run and 9 years of 16+ games from your starting QB you should win something.

Marvin has it pretty easy compared to the guys who get stuck coaching 3 QBs per year in Cleveland or pointless re-treads in Houston/NY/Buffalo etc. Marvin also never got stuck having to make chicken salad out of chicken ca-ca via Mike Brown falling in love with some bust and selling the farm to get him ala Akili Smith or the DC football team's coaches. Neither Palmer nor Dalton were top QBs outside of a single year for each but for 0 playoff wins and a mostly clean bill of QB health I think he's come up short. That's what gets people disillusioned; consistency AND disappointment.

Then again, the Bengals winning a playoff game is apparently like another team winning the Super Bowl, so I guess 4 straight one-n-dones makes us a watered-down version of the 90s Bills.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals are the "perfect storm" for heated debate. - Nately120 - 09-13-2015, 03:21 AM