Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(10-09-2018, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. If you're going to try to dispute what I assert at least get straight what asserted. Don't do one of those Red Birdy things.

I did get straight what you asserted.

Show me the discrepancy.

(10-09-2018, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you disagree with the assertion that it is deeds not thoughts that makes one a bad person or were you just quizzing my knowledge of the bible?

(10-09-2018, 02:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, I did not support the notion. Your argument is that one's deeds make one a bad person. My argument was that two people could act similarly, but with different thoughts, and that can make the difference. It shows that good or bad is not rooted in action alone.

Other than not including the implicit "rather than thoughts" in my sentence, it is exactly what you said.

(10-09-2018, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. So there you have it.

Have what?

(10-09-2018, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3. Perhaps, but not as bad as the person that actually shot the dog. Get it yet? 

Are you trying to make a different argument with me than the one I was actually disputing? I mean, this all started with me contesting your statement that "Actions, not thoughts, are what makes one a bad person." There was no scaling done, it was what makes a person a bad person. Degrees of badness is irrelevant in that conversation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - Belsnickel - 10-09-2018, 02:27 PM