Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(10-09-2018, 02:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you asserted I said "It's a person's deeds that make them a bad person", when I said "It's deeds, not thoughts; that makes a bad person". Those are not the same ideas. Then you suggest these are the same thing because of the implicit meaning behind what you said.

And yes I am disputing your assertion that thoughts can make someone equally as bad as actions. Who was the last person arrested for merely something they thought, without acting on that thought? Man has partial control over his thoughts, he has total control over his actions. It is telling that you chose to dispute this assertion rather than Dino's ridiculous assertion that this reporter is better qualified to sit on the SC than someone with Kav's record. 

As to continuing this ridiculous back and forth. I yield.

This is hilarious. You're arguing that he is misrepresenting your position because he said "actions make them a bad person" rather than "actions not thought", when it means the same thing. Removing "not thoughts" doesn't change your argument that actions are what make impact one's character, which he correctly maintains as your argument. 

and then you proceed to completely misrepresent his argument that thought does play a role by arguing that he is saying that "thoughts can make someone equally as bad as actions" when he never even came close to saying that. Matt gives an example of putting down sick Old Yeller versus killing a dog out of malice, and that's what you took from it?

This is beyond pathetic.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - BmorePat87 - 10-09-2018, 03:00 PM