Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(10-09-2018, 04:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Actually, I never said that there was no scaling, no degrees, or no spectrum. I said I wasn't discussing those things and they weren't a part of my assertion. They were irrelevant to the conversation.

Let me see if I can help you out. Say goodness and badness are on a -1 to 1 scale. Below zero is bad, above zero is good. I was disputing your assertion, we'll call it the null hypothesis, that thoughts do not make one bad. This means that the null is a score for thoughts alone is greater than or equal to zero. My alternative hypothesis was that thoughts can give you a score of less than zero.

Neither one of us is saying how much less than zero. I'm not arguing that thinking about shooting the stray dog in the yard is a -0.75 and so is actually shooting it. They would fall on different places on that scale, to me anyway, but that wasn't the argument. The hypotheses presented in the argument don't care about where they fall above or below zero, only that they do.

Yeah, a null hypotheses means all things considered equal.  You assigned no statistical difference. So what else can one consider it, but equal?

And with your outstanding statistics lesson, you still haven't provided an example where thought only makes one a bad person. I've got a pretty good idea why you have not provided such an example. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - bfine32 - 10-09-2018, 04:50 PM