Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(10-09-2018, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. And I'm saying you're wrong. Merely a thought going through someone's head does not make them a bad person in our society. Their action(s) on those thoughts do.

Someone being a bad person is not contingent upon your perception, or society's perception, of them being a bad person. Your argument boils down to the old "if a tree falls in a forest with no one around to hear it does it make a sound?" Well, the answer to that is yes because sound will still travel in the air. The sound still exists even if no one is there to hear it. The badness still exists even if no one is perceiving it.

(10-09-2018, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. It is not asinine, irrelevant, or a red herring. My initial response was in reply to folks talking about folks in prison. So bringing up laws is 100% relevant. I fully understand why you left it out, but it was not motivated by benevolence. 

Since our conversation is about badness and has nothing to do with legality of actions, it is irrelevant to our conversation and it is a red herring in the context of our conversation.

(10-09-2018, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3. Do you want to reword that to make sense? I've said a person can only be bad if they action on their bad thoughts. No one has given me an example on how someone's thoughts only make them a bad person and there's a very good reason why no one has/can. 

You have been given examples of this, you just don't seem to believe someone can be bad unless someone else knows they are bad.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - Belsnickel - 10-10-2018, 08:51 AM