Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(10-10-2018, 08:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Someone being a bad person is not contingent upon your perception, or society's perception, of them being a bad person. Your argument boils down to the old "if a tree falls in a forest with no one around to hear it does it make a sound?" Well, the answer to that is yes because sound will still travel in the air. The sound still exists even if no one is there to hear it. The badness still exists even if no one is perceiving it.

Since our conversation is about badness and has nothing to do with legality of actions, it is irrelevant to our conversation and it is a red herring in the context of our conversation.

You have been given examples of this, you just don't seem to believe someone can be bad unless someone else knows they are bad.

Not sure who put you in charge of what the context of the discussion is as the reply was to folks being in Prison, but let us let you set the parameters.

My initial point was thoughts alone do not make someone a bad person. no one has been able to dispute this. Pat has slurred me throughout this back and forth suggesting I am misrepresenting your position, but what has happened is you, Fred, and Pat have chosen to misrepresent mine. The only retort you can provide to prove that someone is a bad person is if that thought is tied to an action. It is completely opposite on my assertion that thought alone makes a bad person.

I seriously doubt Pat will call you pathetic, ect... but we'll have to wait and see.

And no matter how many times you say examples have been provided where solely a person's thoughts make them a bad person; they have not. Anything you or the PC posse tried to provide included an action.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - bfine32 - 10-10-2018, 02:23 PM