Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding?
(10-11-2018, 12:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Or maybe he did.

If you're truly bad ***, you should be able to see the hoof coming and snap the horse's leg.

But I have wondered if old myths would be the same if they knew about cardiovascular degeneration or colon cancer or general diseases. Would they have an asterisk? Like: Odin Sayeth, Only male warriors who have slain 30 foes may enter paradise... unless you get that weird disease where your junk falls off. WTF are you people doing down there!? 

Which is why both Conan and Mongo take 0 shit from horses....

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: tenor.gif]

(10-11-2018, 12:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I could certainly see Jesus not being keen on that, but it's also troubling that so many on the right almost seem to enjoy the concept of the poor suffering.  The notion that we are too good to and spend too much supporting the very people a pro-life doctrine will lead to a boom of is a bit troubling.

There are going to be a lot more miracle babies that people are complaining about "having it too good" and so on.  Again, I'm letting my personal bias get in the way here, but I've heard too many people who legitimately are Christian talk longingly about how great it would be to stop supporting welfare leeches and while we are at it, execute more prisoners, etc.

It seems like you're mixing together the religious Right (the folks who are pro-life) and the free market/small government Right (the folks who say support yourself). They aren't nessicarily the same folk, but because of our idiotic 2-party system, you have a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't even be in the same group together because it's realistically only either one or the other party.

I mean heck, even with just the religious Right, depending on the type of church you attend/doctrine you follow, there's some hellfire and brimstone for all sinners folks out there and there's welcoming of homosexuality, we should all help each other folks out there. They both end up just lumped together as the religious Right though despite being VERY different.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding? - TheLeonardLeap - 10-11-2018, 05:12 PM