Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bell Plans On Returning Now?
(10-12-2018, 05:52 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol, that's silly. You're reaching. You're taking a rare situation in football, when teams play a prevent, and applying it to any time that a team has a lead. That doesn't fly since leads vary in total throughout the game...from large to small to non existent and defensive strategies adjust accordingly.

When teams go into a prevent it's usually with a mutli-score lead and much later in the game. In that situation, offenses rarely run the ball. It's all pass all the time except for the occasional draw that will gain bigger yards. But those runs are so few and far between that they don't make much of a difference. 

Maybe you could give me a link that shows me that RBs have a higher ypc in games where their team trails and I'll reconsider? I want to see some solid research into it, otherwise its merely an observation that is sometimes true, sometimes not depending on the situation. 

I think it's also worth repeating what my assertion is. Im not saying that Conner is better than Bell. Im not saying that Conner = Bell. Im saying that Conner so far this year has proven to a more than an adequate replacement for Bell especially considering the cost differential. The offense isn't the problem with this team. They haven't missed a beat without Bell. In fact they are averaging 3ppg more so far this year with Connor than they did with Bell ALL last year. And a whopping 11.4 ppg better through the first 5 games. 

I think we both know who's reaching here.  I can take the time to do a bunch of statistical research, or  I can just point out that your boy played like trash whether teams focused on the run or not.  You're the one trying to excuse his pathetic performances.  

For another, I can easily throw the shoe on the other foot and point out that you have given no statistical evidence to your claims that teams run less when behind on the scoreboard .  Kinda hypocritical to demand statistics for points based on basic logic and not provide them for your own points.  When you provide facts to support that point, I'll start providing facts on my points.  Even then, you can't completely rule out that he got less carries due to the fact that he was completely ineffective as a runner.  We both know it was a combination of both the score and his pathetic 2.1 ypc that resulted in his low number of touches.

Scoring is up throughout the entire league due to the latest set of rules changes, so ppg being up means very little.  The Steelers D has been crap for the past few years, but they have been able to overcome due to a high powered offense of which Bell was a big piece.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bell Plans On Returning Now? - BFritz21 - 10-01-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: Bell Plans On Returning Now? - McC - 10-03-2018, 02:58 PM
RE: Bell Plans On Returning Now? - McC - 10-08-2018, 10:42 PM
RE: Bell Plans On Returning Now? - Whatever - 10-12-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: Bell Plans On Returning Now? - Dill - 10-29-2018, 11:39 AM
RE: Bell Plans On Returning Now? - Luvnit2 - 10-29-2018, 02:20 PM
RE: Bell Plans On Returning Now? - Dill - 10-29-2018, 02:27 PM
RE: Bell Plans On Returning Now? - Dill - 10-29-2018, 11:52 PM
RE: Bell Plans On Returning Now? - Dill - 10-30-2018, 01:02 AM